An all day breakfast consisting of three cooked and cooled ingredients, combined to make a cold sandwich. To make this sandwich, you’ll first need to cook a bacon rasher, a pork sausage and boil an egg.
All ingredients are allowed to cool before making an egg mayonnaise for the base, well using a spread of tomato ketchup on the top side of white farmhouse bread.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Calories: 592.5 Fat: 34.95g Salt: 3.48g Carbs: 44.15g Protein: 30g Fibre: 2.05g Energy: 2477.5kJ
- 2 Medium cut soft white farmhouse bread slices
- 1 tbsp. Hellmann’s real mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Heinz tomato ketchup
- 1 Hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1 Unsmoked back bacon rasher, sliced
- 1 Pork sausage, sliced
- In a dry frying pan on a low heat, add 1 bacon rasher and 1 pork sausage, cook bacon for 5 minutes turning occasional, well the sausage will need 20-25 minutes
- At the same time as the meat is cooking, pop a large free range egg into a saucepan of boiling water and cook for up to 15 minutes – allow to cool in cold water
- On a dinner plate, chop up boiled egg using a butter knife, add a pinch of salt and pepper and scoop on a tablespoon of mayonnaise – mixing thoroughly
- On another plate, cut up your bacon rasher into small pieces, and slice pork sausage
- Position 2 slices of medium cut soft white farmhouse bread on the chopping board and pile on your egg mayo on one slice of bread
- On the second slice of bread dollop 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup spreading the sauce to the corners and edges
- On top of the egg mayo, position your bacon pieces and pork sausage slices – then close sandwich
- Allow sandwich to chill for up to an hour in fridge and serve
Tips & Advice:
Once the tomato ketchup is allowed time to combine with the rest of the ingredients, it won’t taste like ketchup any more but will provide a much needed tangy kick to this breakfast sandwich.