When made this will make a towering chicken salad roll sandwich consisting of an inch thick pile of wafer thin roast chicken. You’ll then need a few veggies like lettuce, tomato, cucumber and red onion with plenty of mayonnaise so it helps counter the thickness of the malted roll.
To make this sandwich we simply used the vegetables I had available at home, then bought a packet of wafer thin chicken and simply picked up a single roll from the bakery in Tesco.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Calories: 1007 Fat: 116g Salt: 3.6g Carbs: 84g Protein: 64g Fibre: 11.9g Energy: 4047kJ
- 2 Bakery seed topped malted rolls
- 125g Tesco wafer thin roast chicken
- 4 tbsp. Hellmann’s real mayonnaise, big spoonful
- 4 Red onion slice
- 8 Tomato slices
- 8 Cucumber slices,
- 2 Iceberg lettuce leaf
- Start by cutting open two seed topped malted roll to make two halves for each roll
- Lump on 1 tablespoon of Hellmann’s real mayonnaise on the bottom piece, and one spoonful of mayo on the top piece – spreading out the mayo evenly on all four slices
- Rip open your pack of 125g wafer thin roast chicken and pile half on the one bottom slice and the rest on the other bottom slice roll to create an inch thick pile
- On top of the chicken add 4 tomato slices, then 4 cucumber slices, 2 red onion ring – spread out into smaller rings – and finish off with a Iceberg leaf lettuce
- Top the chicken salad rolls with your top roll piece and enjoy, but it’s best served chilled for an hour in fridge