Well not your traditional bagel filling, this one is pretty good, using sliced smoked salmon with an egg mayo, mixed in with dill. That’s it, there’s not much else you need and although we have used a plain white bagel, why not give wholemeal a go.
Boil the egg
To boil an egg, simply pop a single free range egg – using a spoon – into a boiling hot saucepan of hot water. As soon as the egg hits the water, cook for 10 minutes for a light centre – otherwise cook for 15 minutes for hard boiled.
Make the egg mayo and dill
Now it’s time to make the egg mayo, and once you’ve allowed time for the boiled egg to call down, then you can chop up the egg in a mixing bowl. Add a big tablespoon of mayo, one teaspoon of dill, mix thoroughly and set aside.
Prep Time: 6 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Calories: 444 Fat: 18.6g Salt: 1.9g Carbs: 46g Protein: 22.2g Fibre: 3.2g Energy: 1856kJ
- 1 New York Co. plain white bagel
- 1 Smoked Salmon slice, thick
- 1 tbsp. Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Hard boiled egg
- 1 tsp. Dill, freshly chopped
- Before you do anything else, boil an egg for 10 minutes and allow to cool
- Chop up the egg and mix in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of Hellmann’s mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped dill
- Slice open a plain white bagel and spread in all your egg mayo and dill mix
- On top of that position a thick slice of smoked salmon, tucking in the edges
- Serve right away by cutting in half, or place in the fridge for an hour to chill